All the personal information gathered in Stage 1 is important, as it helps to fund the lifestyle you want for you and your family. Now we need to add the nitty-gritty detail, so we can create your Financial Plan.
Your Financial Plan from Panthera
Your business-based financial plan is more than just a business continuity plan, or exit strategy. It's the blueprint for your future financial security, and will provide answers to time-crucial questions such as:
- Can the business sustain the lifestyle you desire?
- When can you start to step away from the business and enjoy life?
- If your business is your pension, how much does it need to provide?
- What happens to the business if you are not able to work?
- Can your business continue without you?
The answers require us to take a good, long look at your financial existing financial provisions, including any exit strategies.
What you have so far – and what you need moving forward
When it's time to leave the 9-5 behind, will your business fund your lifestyle or be passed to the next generation? By knowing your intentions, we can create an overview of the role your current business plays in your financial future.
- We'll look at your pension portfolio, check your company pension forecast(s), and get an accurate picture of your retirement savings
- We'll help you map the important decisions about your business and estate, including business wills, succession planning and Inheritance Tax liabilities. For more details see our Estate Planning page.
Investments and Properties
- We'll take a long, hard look at your existing financial policies including Life cover, medical insurance, Business Protection insurance etc.
- We'll examine any existing tax limitation strategies and assess their impact and success against current legislation, and any forthcoming changes.
Risk and Timings
- We'll also discuss your tolerance for risk, both in business and in life, and your projected timescales for moving from work to desired lifestyle.
A pension is a long term investment. The fund value may fluctuate and can go down. Your eventual income may depend upon the size of the fund at retirement, future interest rates and tax legislation. The tax treatment is depenent on individual circumstance and may be subject to change in the future. Tax Planning and Will Writing is not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Your Crucial Number
At the heart of your business financial plan will be a single number, the amount you need to secure all your lifestyle goals. This includes provision for your family as well as lifestyle funding. Seeing this number in black and white is a game-changer for many; it makes the future both tangible and possible.
Your Business Support Team
At Panthera, we'll work closely with other professionals connected with your business, like your accountant, solicitor, or professional coach. This ensures you have a team approach and can maximise all opportunities to reach that crucial figure. We'll then bring our own expertise to bear on their information, to tailor the information to your specific needs.
Once you've got your plan, it's time to put it into Action...
Stage 3 - Action